10 WAYS TO GET MAXIMUM BENEFITS FROM OLIVE OIL
If you are not living under a rock then you must be familiar with something known as “olive oil”. We live in a world where looking good is as important as feeling good about yourself. So no matter how much we try to deny it, we are continuously using and experimenting new things to improve our skin, hydrate our hair so they look smooth, shiny and silky and much more.
We might just know about one kind of Olive oil but once we go in the super store, a number of olive oil catch our attention such as; Virgin olive oil, extra virgin olive oil, pure olive oil, lampante oil, etc. Olive oil is used in cooking in a lot of big restaurants and also other places like Food Street in Dubai. They use this oil to fry food like falafel. And hence the falafel home delivery in Dubai is the most demanding.
- 1.Improves Skin HealthBeing a beauty conscious person, you might know the struggle of keeping your skin healthy and fresh. Not just being beauty conscious justifies it but keeping the skin moisturized is something we all do.
How does it help?
It is proven that it contains Vitamin E, which improves skin by treating inflammation, acne and protecting skin from serious ailments.
If you have dry skin, apply the oil over your face before going to bed and then let it stay overnight. You can remove the oil with the help of any gentle face wash and some warm water.
- 2.Good for your waistline
No one wants anything more than a slim waistline and a flat belly. I have seen people dieting in order to get a flat belly with so many struggles. What they don’t know is the new study which shows how olive oil can be used to reduce weight, basically.
How does it help?
What it basically does is that only smelling olive oil may give you the sensation of being full which may be a great way to lose the fat around the belly and your waist line.
A study conducted in 2013 by German Research Centre for Food Chemistry indicates that just smelling EVOO may lead to feeling of fullness: which may help you lose a little bit of calories and extra fat on your body.
- 3.Improves Nails Health
Nails are that part of your body that you might not give a lot of attention to them but they definitely say a lot about you and your personality. Doctors can tell by how pale your nails are your health and stuff. If you want to get your nails to look all pretty like the ones you saw on Instagram of some famous beautician with nail art, you might want to start working for that.
Simply dip a cotton ball in olive oil and dab it on your nails. Then let it stay for about 20 minutes and then wash with warm gentle water.
- 4.Keeps the Hair HealthyPersonally, I would try almost anything if someone told me about something which might help me keep the hair moisturized, shiny and silky. It contains Vitamin B, which helps aid the hair.
- In a microwave, heat a cup of olive oil for half a minute.
- Gently pour olive oil over your hair while in the shower.
- Work the oil from scalp to the end of hair and then comb it.
- Pin hair up on your head and wrap it with a shower cap.
- Relax and let it soak for about 30 minutes.
- Apply two applications of shampoo and rinse it thoroughly.
- Follow with light conditioner.
- 5.Helps Prevent Breast Cancer
In the time where almost every other woman is scared that she might get breast cancer, olive oil might be able to help. It sounds absurd but it does help.
- In a study conducted in Saudi Arabia, it was found that oleuropein, a natural compound found in olive leaf, has potential anti breast cancer properties. (Reference: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov)
And another study in Spain, it was found that women consuming diet with olive were 63% less likely to develop breast cancer.
- Add 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil a day to your diet.
- Add it to your salad dressing or coat the olive oil on fish.
- You can also add it before baking or roasting anything and also use it with your morning toast.
- 6.Lip Scrub
Having rough lips is very unattractive. Not just unattractive, but it doesn’t necessarily feels nice either. So to have nice smooth lips you can take help from olive oil.
- Combine coarse sugar with a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Also add a splash of lemon juice for nice flavor.
- Exfoliate your lips.
- And then apply on your lips.
- 7.Relieves Constipation
Olive oil in this case can be called a blessing because it brings the cure for people with constipation. The oil is rich in Vitamin E and Vitamin K which helps to improve you overall health, including digestive tract and help prevent constipation
- Consume 1-2 tb of olive oil in the early morning on an empty stomach.
- Do not drink water for 1 hour after olive oil.
- Follow this home remedy until the constipation is cured permanently.
- It can also be given before eating any food to alleviate the process of digestion.
- 8.Prevent Diabetes
A good news for all the diabetic patients because olive oil has seen to control blood sugar level too.
- Mix extra virgin oil with organic apple cider vinegar to make your own salad dressing.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over sautéed or steamed vegetables.
- Puree minced garlic, cooked cauliflower and extra virgin olive oil together to make delicious and healthy mashed potatoes.
- Puree extra virgin olive oil, garlic and your favorite beans together.
- How does it help?
It does so is by preventing insulin
resistance and its possible pernicious implications by raising HDL-cholesterol,
lowering triglycerides, and ensuring better blood sugar level control and lower
According to Harvard School of Public Health, a diet rich in olive oil can help control sugar level in blood because of the properties that olive oil contains.
Another study conducted by The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, consumption of right amount of olive oil was seen to reduce the risk of diabetes in women. (Reference: http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/61/6/1402S.shor...
- 9.Ear Wax Remedy
If you are anyone who’s ever had problem with the wax in ear, you must know how difficult it is to live with that wax in your ear. Not anymore! Because olive oil can be used to treat ear wax too.
- Warm a little bit of extra virgin olive oil.
- Pour it in a small drop container so it’s easy for you to apply it.
- Put a few drop of it before bed for consecutive 3 to 4 days.
- 10.Cracked Heel Repair
As discussed earlier, olive oil is the perfect beauty component. It doesn’t only help you with the roughest skin and the dull hair, but also your cracked heels. Try using olive oil instead of Vaseline or any other thing that you must have been applying and you’d see the difference for yourself.
- Exfoliate with a pumice stone.
- Apply olive oil to feet.
- Put on socks to lock in the hydrating treatment as you sleep.
Now, aren’t these some of the benefits of olive oil that you have no idea at all before reading this article? Well, not anymore. You sure are going to get help and that too not little bit.
(Photo credits: Shutterstock)
Open worldwide!One winner will receive a $250 Kasandrinos.com gift certificate. Try the purest, freshest organic extra virgin olive oil out there.Kasandrinos International offers a premium single sourced organic ultra premium extra virgin olive oil and other food products. Kasandrinos Olive oil comes from the sun drenched mountains and valleys of southern Greece. We offer only [...]
EVOO: the oil that helps your healthOlive oil, a storehouse of numerous vitamins and nutrients has been used for centuries to treat many health conditions. It is highly recommended by physicians and nutritionists for its numerous health benefits. Here is a great insight into some of the health benefits of extra virgin olive oil. Here a list of its benefits [...]
BEEP!!! BEEP!!! BEEP!!! Click…. “Ugh… that wretched alarm clock. I swear I just fell asleep.” Those are usually my first thoughts when I wake up in the morning. Followed by “What’s for breakfast!?” with the utmost excitement. If you didn’t know, you are about to find out that I am very passionate about my breakfast. [...]
All the ingredients are organic,Greek and fresh.Hope that i can encourage everyone to grab their gear and head over to amazing places,cook and enjoy with friends and family.Ingredients:--2 fresh mullets(about 150 gr)--2 small red onions--1 small zucchini--Salt&pepper--Olive oil(i use the Greek #kasandrinos which fits amazing)--A medium potato--1 or 2 carrots--1 lemon(the juice)--4-5 cherry tomatoes(for the [...]
Well,some people told me that i am crazy putting those quail eggs along with the salmon.I aint no crazy guys,you have to try this.This company of veggies ensure that you will be kept healthy and self wealthy!Let's see:Ingredients:1 small salmon steak3 quail eggs5 radish1/2 avocado,in slicesSome wild leeks10 cherry tomatoes1 small zucchini,in slicesSome fennel stemsSalt,pepper,Flavorgod [...]
I think it is time to quit eating those heavy nuclear bacon bombs or anything fried(P.S fries) for a snack or sth.Here is my Greek simplicity which can be done in less than 10 minutes,is healthy and ultra tasty.Ingredients(Photo's result)1 slice of white bread,garlic rubbed1/4 of a small tomato(ripe),diced20 gr feta cheese,dicedSome fresh basil and [...]
I love healthy stuff,i hunt them down on market and trying to get the most out of them.It was the notchweed day,simply boiled and no fancy at all.Point is that you feed yourself exactly what he/she needs...Ingredients(for 1 salad,2 people)300 gr boiled Vlita(notchweeds)1 big zucchini,boiled and cut in thin slices6-8 cherry tomatoes(chestnut type)Salt,pepperOlive oilLime(1 squeezed)Instructions:So [...]
A favorite fish with high omega 3 fats, cooked with simplicity local and fresh ingredients.Ingredients:3 salmon fillets, cleaned200g cherry tomatoes from Naxos (or whatever you can find)juice from one lemon3 tbsp minced chivesSea salt and freshly ground pepperExtra virgin olive oilInstructions:Heat up a grill pan.Check salmon fillets for any bones.Brush the salmon fillets with olive [...]
When on a party,definitely try those things.It is smart,quick and fancy!Never be afraid of combining ingredients,sometimes you will have amazing results,some others no.Anyway keep combining,trying,loving and experimenting.Ingredients:When on a party,definitely try those things.It is smart,quick and fancy!Never be afraid of combining ingredients,sometimes you will have amazing results,some others no.Anyway keep combining,trying,loving and experimenting.Fresh Shrimps(cleaned)Watermelon bites(squared [...]